Saturday 29 March 2014

Bake With Me | Mothers Day Cupcakes





Often I get the urge to bake something, so this time I chose to make these really sweet cakes for Mothers Day. The recipie I used was naturally a Mary Berry one, she is the queen of the cakes after all. These have totally converted me from fairy cakes, they taste alot better and are a load more substantial ( for us cake addicts ). Bloody Delish!
You will need:
100g (4oz) softened butter
150g (5oz) self-raising flour
150g (5oz) caster sugar
3 tbsp milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Icing:
(Can I just say I may have cheated and bought Betty Croker Vanilla Icing)
^ Pretty darn impossible to live up to that, but if you prefer Mary Berry suggests...
100g (4oz) softened butter
225g (8oz) icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

  1. Pre-heat oven to 180c and put muffin cakes into a 12-hole muffin tin
  2. Whack all the ingredients into one big bowl ( I sieved the flour but this isn't essential ) and mix with a mixer until smooooth
  3. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown
  4. Cool on a wire tray until completely cooool
  5. ICE! I added some pink food colouring to some of the icing to give a little variety, I also topped it off with some flower and butterfly spinkles, edible glitter and other decorations, be creative GO WILD GIRLS!


Abbie

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment